Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Riding the Mesh Wave!

Oh yes, I was one of those who hated mesh when it first came out. Why? Because it never seemed to fit my avi and I was so reluctant to adjust my shape to fit my clothes, I expected (from my prim experiences) for my clothes to always fit perfectly.  Until...
The first time I tried on a mesh piece and saw how fluidly it moved with my body, never contorting like standard prim-wear did. That's when I thought, "Ok, a little adjusting can't hurt."
I still have trouble with the idea that I now have nearly as many shapes saved as I do mesh pieces owned. Even though they say they all use "standard body types" we all know one sculptor's idea of "standard" is going to be different from the next. So, once you get that through your head and realize yes, you really will be adjusting your shame a LOT more often...mesh is really fantastic!

As I said, I've become a total convert. The styles and shapes of clothing has really been revolutionized with the advent of mesh. Couture has been taking to much greater heights as well as the bar being raised for the "ordinary."

In that today I have for you a really cute matching.  It's a pair of mesh body shorts by Dirim I found I simply couldn't do without while I was visiting the Vintage Fair and an adorable cropped mesh top from what looks to be a new designer for "Rare Wave." Paired up it makes for the cutest vintage separates for those still slightly warm Autumn days.


Top: Mesh_off-shoulder tie top $50L on Marketplace - by: Rare Wave
Shorts: Body shorts, black $200L in-world only - by: Dirim
Model/Photographer/Stylist: Justine Kingmaker

No comments:

Post a Comment

I encourage any and all comments: both positive and negative. All I ask is that you please do not post negative comments or complaints about specific merchants/designers. I, instead suggest you take those directly to the merchant/designer in question.

Thank you, Happy SL!~